ILR has implemented the following policies. We will re-evaluate our policies continuously during this period based on the advice of the medical community, Wisconsin DHS and the CDC. As ILR staff and consumers are people living with a variety of disabilities, it is vital that ILR does all that it can to protect staff and consumers during this time.
Effective beginning today:
- ILR offices are open and operating but the buildings are closed to the general public.
- All face to face contacts with consumers and community providers will be on hold until further notice. We will continue to provide services and supports as best we can by phone and email.
- Rave Recovery Avenue Drop In Center is closed and all Rave activities, including support groups, are cancelled until further notice.
- The Homeless Outreach team will continue providing services by phone, email, etc.. If you are wanting to make a referral for someone who is homeless and they do not have a phone, please contact ILR and ask to speak to one of the Homeless Outreach staff so that the staff can help problem solve how to get connected with the consumer.
What is Recovery?
“Mental Health Recovery is a journey of healing and transformation enabling a person with mental illness to live a meaningful life in the community of his or her choice while striving to achieve his/her full potential.” -www.samhsa.gov
Recovery Avenue provides a comfortable, accepting environment for anyone who is looking for support in their recovery journey. It is a place of understanding, growth, and encouragement where people can learn new skills, find community and support with others who have lived experience.
- Is a consumer driven, peer run organization. This means that people help direct what type of programs and resources are available. There are a variety of ways to provide input on what you would like to see, including an Advisory Council that meets regularly to gather ideas and share information with participants.
- Provides a variety of resources and recreational materials on a daily basis : computers, community resource information, pool table, art and craft supplies, and a wide variety of activities such as support groups, cooking classes, nature hikes, presentations from community resources, etc.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
We are so excited to announce the new Executive Director of Independent Living Resources. Please enjoy this video the staff made to celebrate. l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fvm.tiktok.com%2FZMJgh8mx6%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1hUHkw915YmsbvUPIinfY827s4SzTurRp4ipriqXRRw4Ei-5vl5vbYM94&h=AT3IYQtOc4rs5IJlLt3HjV_DW9rwUQrngEeUkCkXI_rDAPSeZLtLy361Ca5YgPlnZMn1bEPCp5xrmrbzR0L3vLLyNmtUrHp45BwsoU7XNRuWWEDQtNUE64zCQBP8KW9ncA Video
1806 State St, La Crosse, WI 54601
Hours: Monday 9:00am - 1:00pm
Hours: Tuesday - Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm
Wellness and Recovery
Hours: Wednesday 5:00pm - 6:30pm
Women Supporting Women
Hours: Thursday 5:00pm - 6:30pm
Office Phone: 608-785-9615